Organic arsenic, iron and copper supplement.
Sodium cacodylate 6.4 mg/mL
Ferric chloride 0.68 mg/mL
Copper gluconate 0.19 mg/mL
Features and Benefits
FERROCYL is an injectible organic arsenic and mineral treatment for anaemias and debilitated states in horses.
FERROCYL combines the therapeutic properties of pentavalent arsenic compounds with readily available iron and copper. This combination makes FERROCYL suitable for treatment of iron responsive anaemias, and as a tool for stimulation of horses in debilitated states, slow convalescence, inappetance, and nutritional & performance related stress.
The organic arsenic in FERROCYL increases skin and gut blood circulation,
promotes a healthy coat growth, and stimulates appetite, while the iron and copper stimulate red blood cell and haemoglobin production for improved blood counts, improved oxygen transport and improved performance. Copper is an essential component of many body functions.
FERROCYL has particular application in the following states:
* Shy, picky eaters. The effect is usually rapid, after only 2 - 3 injections. Good eaters will recover more rapidly from stress. With the return of normal appetite any anaemias are often quickly corrected.
* To promote recovery from poor nutritional states, after worming or during hard training or convalescence from illness or injury.
* For overtrained or run down performance horses under stress.
* To improve horses brought into training after long spells.
* After serious illness or injury, parasitism or chronic haemhorrage.
Dosage and Administration
Horses: Give 30 mL by intramuscular injection or as directed by your veterinary surgeon every second day. Repeat as indicated.
Dogs: Give 1 - 5 mL by intramuscular injection daily or every second day as directed by your veterinary surgeon. Repeat as indicated.
Caution: Sodium cacodylate is an organic arsenic compound.
Do not use arsenic preparations for continuous treatment. A period of
at least one month should pass before treatments are repeated.
Meat Withholding Period: Horses - 28 days.
FERROCYL can be combined with VAM to provide all essential nutrients
and co-factors for improved production of new red blood cells.
100 mL sterile glass multi-dose vial.
Store below 25?Ǭ?C (Air Conditioning). Protect from light.
APVMA Approval Number
Note: Organic arsenic is available in two forms:
(a) the toxic trivalent form, and
(b) the safe, non-toxic pentavalent form seen in FERROCYL and JUROCYL.
Arsenic preparations have long been known and used for their stimulant and
therapeutic properties in animals. As an organic preparation it is rapidly
absorbed, and acts very quickly for early visible results.
Key Features & Benefits:
* FERROCYL is a safe preparation of organic arsenic, iron and copper to stimulate red blood cell production.
* FERROCYL improves appetite in difficult eaters, and improves skin and coat condition.
* FERROCYL promotes recovery from stress, debility, parasitism, poor nutrition.
* FERROCYL assists horses under stress of training and racing.
Indicated whenever anaemia is
evident. Many fit, athletic horses have a
degree of anaemia. Horses which are
difficult eaters, recovering from illness,
injury or parasitism, stressed from hard
training and racing, or recovering from
blood loss may all respond positively
to FERROCYL. Provide all other
essential nutrients and co-factors to
improve blood production by
combining with VAM paste two to three